Grab the latest version:
Latest release: v1.3.2
Web development made easy.
Prails is an open-source framework for writing PHP web applications. It is optimized for fast and efficient development and is so easy, it actually is fun!
What do I need to run Prails?
You can either use the demo version in order to try out Prails
first, or you can set it up in your own environment.
The typical XAMP setup (Linux/Mac OS X/Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP) will do just fine, but you can also choose to go along without MySQL or even replace it by a PostgreSQL. In case you chose MySQL or PostgreSQL you'll need to create a new database and credentials for accessing that.
- download the installer and save it to a web server-accessible folder
- either call the script through your browser or give it executable rights via chmod +x prails-*.php and run it from the console
- follow the instructions to complete the setup
Installation complete! Congratulations! Now let's see what you can do with it and how it works.
Prails offers a lot of different features on all levels of it's design. Here are some of the most important ones.
- 5-tier architecture with Model, View, Controller
- Application and code scaffolding
- Online code editing, including PHP debugger
- Integrated CMS
- Security and session components
- Plugin support
- User & role management
- Super-easy setup
- Integrated self-update mechanism
- Internationalization and localization
- Database management
- Supports SQLite, MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Flexible caching: support for apc, memcache, xcache and filesystem caches
- Almost no memory and processing overhead
- Support for scheduled tasks
- Flexible templating engine
- Comes integrated with PrototypeJS/Scripty2, jQuery, Modernizr and LESSCSS
- Helpers for HTML and AJAX